Welcome to Pets Are Worth Saving.com
Written by Administrator
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Pets Are Worth Saving (PAWS) is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 corporation dedicated to reducing the number of pets being lost, abandoned, neglected and eventually destroyed. We are working to accomplish this in a number of ways:
- *Helping to reunite lost pets with their owners.
- *Promote Spay and neuter public awareness
- *Promote responsible pet ownership
- *Conduct rescues, fostering and adoptions of pets.
All pets are spayed/neutered and are current on vacinations for their age.
Though we are based in Louisburg, our volunteers come from all over the area. All of our members have some rescue experience, some have a great deal of it having worked with area shelters and rescue groups. We come from all walks, but we have the same goal: Put ourselves out of business from lack of the need for our services.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- *Become a Foster Home: Fostering a dog in your home until the organization can find an adoptive home can be found is a great way to help. We are now taking Foster Home Applications and we will be happy to explain what this entails.
- *Are you thinking about getting a dog or cat? We may have one very soon that could be just right for you.
- *Make a contribution: As with any rescue group, the largest expense is veterinary care. This includes medications such as immunizations, flea control (Frontline, etc) wormers, heartworm testing and prevention, the cost of spaying/neutering and general veterinary care. A financial gift will help defray these costs. Donations of pet care items are welcome too.
- *Do you have a special talent you would like to put to use to help animals? Do you know to help with fundraising? Can you provide a professional service such as accounting, printing, legal or promotional? Do you have organizational skills?
- *Do you know how to talk? Tell your friends and family about us. Perhaps they are thinking about getting a dog. Let people know we are here and that we have animals ready for adoption.
We have been overwhelmed by the amount of support and encouragement we have already received. Anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.